The Chemical and Systems Biology department encourages students and postdocs to seek out volunteering opportunities that serve our broader community. These include programs that support educational, professional, and personal development. We recommend that trainees discuss their service plan with their faculty mentor and the CSB Student Services Administrator. International students and postdocs should consult with Bechtel regarding regulations around participating in service opportunities before engaging in any.
Several potential opportunities are listed below and if you are aware of any other volunteer opportunities that could be added to this webpage, please contact the CSB Student Services Administrator.
Mentoring and Tutoring Opportunities:
- East Palo Alto Tennis and Tutoring Volunteer Homework Central Tutor
- Stanford Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Mentor
- Future Advancers of Science and Technology (FAST) Mentor
- First Gen Low Income (FLI) Mentor
- Biosciences Peer Mentor
- Stanford iGEM Team Mentor
- Geokids for Second Graders Volunteer
- Science Teaching Through Art (STAR) Volunteer
- Stanford Graduate Researchers, Active Minds, and Science (GRAMS) Volunteer
- Splash! Volunteer